from Robson, C., & McCartan, K. (2016). Real world research : a resource for users of social research methods in applied settings. Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom : Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=cat01619a&AN=up.1189250&site=eds-live
- The positivist view of science is discredited.
- You can’t leave your humanity behind when doing research.
- The quantitative and qualitative research have traditionally been considered as different research paradigms in the sense of distinctive belief systems carrying with them clear philosophical assumptions.
- Quantitative: a focus on behavior feature (i.e. what people do or say)
- Qualitative: a focus on meanings feature